Re: pcmcia modem

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 10:09:23PM -0800, Philipp Timmalog wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> i use the Hewlett-Packard Omnibook 4150B and running on it debian 2.1.
> The modem and network-card is one from Xircom type3 (using both
> PCMCIA-slots).
> I wanna use that modem also with debian by running pppconfig.
> Once you get to the poing where you have to enter the adress of your
> modem (e.g. serial Modem on Com2 --> /dev/ttyS1)
> What adress have i to enter for that PCMCIA modem?
> After installing the PCMCIA-packages were not removed.
> Hope somebody can help me.

Try having a look at /dev/modem.  On my computer it points to /dev/ttyS1, so
the default value is probably fine.  But I don't use my modem much, so I
can't be 100% certain.

Another option is to get ppp running using wvdial.  It does configuration
more automatically, so you could take what it finds to use with pppconfig, or
just use it without bothering with pppconfig at all.

Drew