iplogger is crashing my computer

Greetings everyone,
	I am running 2.1 with a 2.2.13 kernel on my Thinkpad 390E in a
network environment using DHCP.  Today, oddly, I was informed while
attempting to open an x terminal that my system was temporarily out of
resources.
	I did a little research and it turns out that some processes
called "tcplogd" were strangling my computer.  Something being run by a
program called iplogger.  Can anyone tell me a little more about this
program?  How can I prevent this from using all of my resources in the
future?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton