Re: eth0(pcmcia) network not starting up at bootup.

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 11:15:25AM -0500, Chris Hoover wrote:
> Can someone tell me what to modify to get my ethernet to start after booting
> the machine.  Everything worked fine until I ran an upgrade on my potato setup.
>  It changed the pcmcia stuff and it has not worked since.  I can manually start
> it after a boot, but I really would like to get it back to being automated.  I
> don't remember exactly when this started, but it was a couple of upgrades ago.
check your /etc/rc?.d that pcmcia is start correctly, also note that
/etc/init.d/network should start only lo interface.
Ethernet pcmcia interface should be start by /etc/pcmcia/network script which
will be run automatically when the ethernetcard is inserted. Options, like ip,
netmask, is in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.

cheers,

Chanop

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@faceng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|             FreeBSD             ICQ uin 11366301                            |