Re: Problem with my apmd daemon !

Di Prétoro Emmanuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recompiled my kernel with the apm support, I reboot, but when I launch
> apmd, the error is : No APM support in the kernel, but I'm sure my kernel is
> this apm support.
> What is the problem ?
> Is there a configuration file or another manipulation ?

This is going to probably be asking a silly question but.....

although you recompiled a new kernel for your laptop did you actually
install it.  copy the zImage or bzImage to /boot and make alterations to
your lilo.conf file, then run liloconfig?  If you didn't and are unsure
about this process and need help do e-mail me personnally and I would be
happy to help.

I only ask this question because when I began to fiddle with new kernels
I forgot to actually install them and so got similar problems to what
you have been getting.

Alex

--
**       ((__))   Alexander "Jim diGriz" Clouter
   ||      ||                (remove those spaces to e-mail me)
   ~~~    ~~~        equip : 300Mhz Celeron Laptop running
  Cow during an                      Debian Linux
   Earthquake