Hibernation

I have an IBM 365XD running 2.2.1 kernel.   I have recompiled the kernel to
support APM.  I have been reading several websites that state that in order
to use the hibernation feature on my laptop I have to create a dos
partition on which a hibernation file can be saved.   Unfortunately, I have
all of my hard drive space used for my linux and swap partitions.  Is there
a simple way to add a new partition so I can use the hibernation feature on
my laptop?  Or does anyone know of another way which can be used to invoke
hibernation using my current setup? (ie without having to repartition my
HD).  I hope that someone can offer some insight.....

David