Re: Dell 9100XL

"Matthew R. Pavlovich" <mpav@purdue.edu> writes:

> I have a friend who has a Dell 9100XL w/ the Trident Cyber9397 4mb Video
> Chipset.  I am setting this system up remotely, and do not wish to fry his
> LCD, or his chipset.
>
> Does anyone have a recommended monitor selection for this line of Dell's?
> I can't find anything close to it in the Linux Laptop web sites.
>
>  Matthew R. Pavlovich

Try the vesa framebuffer support (disable the vga16) in the kernel and
add a correct setting to the lilo.conf. After that you can use the
XF86_FBDev X server. Thats the savest setup (but slower than others).
Even with a different X server the framebuffer is a big surplus for a
laptop.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin