Re: Trying to correctly configure X

*- On 26 Oct, Clint A. Brubakken wrote about "Re: Trying to correctly configure X"
>> You need the XFCom_NeoMagic server from Redhat or Suse.  Sorry, I don't
>> remember the URL.  I am using it with XFree86 3.3.4.  I might be in
>> 3.3.5 but I haven't seen 3.3.5 Debian packages yet.
>
> actually the Xserver in 3.3.3 and above support NeoMagic, unfortunately
> the one that comes with slink is 3.3.2 or so.
>
> you can get it from this apt source hopefully
>
> deb http://www.debian.org/~joeyh/ stable-update/

The 3.3.3 server does not support the NeoMagic 2200 (MagicMedia256AV)
chip. It supports other NeoMagic chips just not the one that is needed
on many newer laptops.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.