Re: Time/date lost on Toshiba after reboot

Anthony Campbell wrote:

> going back usually to 1 Jan 1990 although sometimes other dates. As long
> as I stay in Linux all is well; if I set the date correctly in DOS it
> also stays correct even after complete shutdown and reboot.
>
> If I set the date and time correctly in DOS and use loadlin to boot into
> Linux the date is correct although the time isn't.
>
> I suspect this may be something to do with the Toshiba BIOS because it
> doesn't happen with my 486 desktop. Or could it be APM?
>
> Anyone encountered anything similar?

Occasionally, on a shutdown and COMPLETE power off, my Toshiba 2515CDS
with SuSE 6.1 seemed to revert to Pacific time (which I changed back in
August) and the Power Savings Features return to stock BIOS.  YaST took
care of my Timezone problem ... the power savings features have to be
manually reset via '[ESC] - F1' though.

I will try to keep a better log of this now.

Cheers,
--
 ( >-    Jeff Rose - Everyone's Linux User Group (ELUG)     -< )
 /~\    http://www.elug.org        mailto:uadmin@elug.org    /~\