Re: eth0: startup messages - pseudo newbie

> > For my part, I seem to be able to pull the ethernet cable in and out of my pcmcia card without losing the network.  Perhaps I would have to leave the cable out for longer before the connection times out?
>
> Do you have a 10/100 MBit card? And did you have any autosense
> problems with it?. Probably not. Normaly it should be a problem, but
> with some hardware and drivers it is.

No, my 10/100 Mbit card works fine.  That's what I meant - I don't have the problem Jordan has where the network is lost just from pulling the cord out.

> > But I have another similar "problem" that is more annoying than anything else.  If I put my laptop into sleep mode, then when I turn it back on I find I've lost the network, and I have to perform a
> > /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
> > to get it going again.
>
> There is an option in the apm configuration or the pcmcia utils
> nowadays that restarts the pcmcia after sleep mode automatically.

I couldn't see an option for that.  Should that be one of the kernel compilation options when you do make menuconfig?  I'm still using kernel 2.0.36 on slink.  Are you referring to the pcmcia modules for the 2.2 kernels? I've been nervous about upgrading to 2.2 because of the bugs still in potato.

Drew