Re: APM in lilo?

Michael Perry <mperry@tsoft.com> writes:

> I remember reading some email about enabling apm in lilo.conf for laptops.

Here's the one I saved; there were followups:

From: Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>
Subject: 2.2.12 kernel apm
To: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 22:36:54 -0700

I just installed kernel 2.2.12 on my laptop, and was having some trouble
getting apm working. it said "apm disabled on user request" at boot time.
Well, some grepping the kernel sources found that passing "apm=on" to the
kernel at boot time enables it now. I can't find any record or docs of this
change.

This strikes me as potentially a very good change. Wouldn't it mean we can
build apm into our stock kernels now? It will be off by default, but laptop
users can turn it own w/o too much bother.