NEC Versa Note 14.1

Hi all,

Just wanted to let anybody out there who is trying this or for punters who come
later that Debian installs happily on an NEC Versa Note 14.1. I had to download the
new tulip.c and recompile the kernel but apart from that ... effortless. I installed
the current xserver-neomagic_1.1.0-1-1, copied the XF86Config in
/usr/doc/xserver-neomagic/examples to /etc/X11/ and symlinked it to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/, shutdown -r now and da na!

BTW, I am a convert from RedHat and am amazed at how much that dist keeps you
comfy in ignorance. Installing Debian felt like being thrust into the cold ... :)

Later,

Jord

--
Jordan Howarth					mailto:jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences	Ph:  (07) 3214 2465