Re: Spanish translation of maint-guide

On 5 December 2010 00:54, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
> Since 100% translated is better, I propose to revert this recent commit
> by javi and use Mr. Marchi's version as the baseline.

I beg to disagree: 100% is not necessarily better. The translation
might be  completely wrong,  quality might be inapproiate  or (in
extreme cases) the translation is being used to introduce malicious
statements (insults to readers, for example, or difamations). The only
one who can assess the quality of a translation is a native speaker of
the language of the translation.

I'm confident that it is not the case for *this* translation, as I
believe Innocent is acting in good faith. But I'm surprise to see a
documentation maintainer update a a translation from a new translator
without consulting either the previous translation maintainer (me),
the language's team or its coordinator (me again :)

> Can you all work together on this?

Yes, we can and will work on this. As Innocent now knows of the team
he can probably review the translation based on our own internal
translation rules.

> I think these 2 version needs to be synchronized properly instead of
> overwriting each other.

The problem we have here is two different groups working on a
translation, merging now will be a little bit more work but I'm sure
it can be done.

In any case, the previous should be avoided. I'm to blame here since
Innocent's email to me (as previous translator of the document) was
lost in the noise and did not forward it to the list, where members of
the team were already working on a translation.

Regards

Javier