Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Please update Liberation fonts in Debian Sid

Quoting Lucian Adrian Grijincu (lucian.grijincu@gmail.com):
> Debian sid uses version 1.05 [1] of Liberation family fonts, even
> though version 1.06 [2] was released in 2010-07-21.
>

> Version 1.06 contains a serious update for the Romanian language:
> * incorrect rendering: Liberation 1.05: http://goo.gl/D6YVV
> * correct rendering:   Liberation 1.06:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/62679575/ubuntu_new.png
>

> This was reported in Ubuntu [3], but it seems that Ubuntu only syncs
> this package from Debian.

New upstream versions are likely to be uploaded in Debian unstable
once squeeze is released. In the meantime, when things aren't urgent,
Debian developers are suggested to avoid uploads there just in case a
release critical fix would have to go in.

Thanks for your report anyway. I'll turn it into a formal bug report
asking for new upstream version.