From: Balaji Kutty <Balaji.Kutty@sun.com>
Date: 23-Jul-2007 10:45
Subject: Re: Free GNU/Linux support helpline - 9900262828 / senthilsos@yahoo.com

Hi all,

Please find my comments inline...
> Balaji Kutty

Regarding Kannada setup I have the following questions:

1. I set up the scim kannada input method. It works. But, there are
issues like the subscriptions are not coming and also ki and ke looks
same. Has any one successfully used Kannada through SCIM method?
2. I got the nudi and Baraha(Windows version of both) working in
GNU/Linux using Wine. I tried this in my laptop. This should work for
Prakash also. Still, I'm not happy with this solution. Is there complete
GNU based resolution for Kannada?

Thanks
-balaji

On 23/08/07, Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com > wrote:
2007/8/23, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram@gmail.com>:
> There is no need for SCIM.

Currently there is no phoentic keyboard for X (Madhu is working on
that), only SCIM has a Kannada phonetic keyboard (one more is being
worked upon). People familiar with Baraha expect a phonetic keyboard
and not inscript one.

you have to install scim-m17n and scim-gtk2-immodule packages

Vikarm,

Note down these packages (including fonts) to be installed by default
when you create a task for Kannada desktop in Debian.

Regards
Praveen

Regards
Vikram Vincent