Re: HELP needed: Debian Reference V2 translation.

On Sunday 23 August 2009, at 00:45 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> I am looking for translators for de es fr it pl pt-br zh-cn zh-tw
> to replace outdated contents with new ones.
>
> Especially, Spanish and Italian where there are many users.
>   http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=debian-reference

Hi!

Since no one volunteered so far and I got the OK of the previous Italian
translator, I'd gladly update the translation of/translate The Debian
Reference for the Italian language.

> (You need to be a member of ddp to commit but you can always send me files ;-)
> (Of you are webwml member, I will add you to ddp quickly.)

I am not a member of ddp but I think I can ask for some help in the
Italian l10n mailing-list for this or send the file to you.

> I can assure you that new po4a based build system is stable and easier
> to work with.  As translator, you only work on PO files.  It is UTF-8
> now.

I downloaded the file from
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/quick-reference/po4a/debian-reference.pot
and I'll start working on it in the next week.

Thanks,
beatrice.