Call for translations

Hi guys,

I am the maintainer for john, and due to some modifications in the
package (and also because they were not very well written), I have
rewritten all the debconf templates. However, I would really like
to include updated translations in the new package.

Therefore, I'm mailing all the lists that have once contributed with a
translation for the john debconf templates, and also felt free to
include the ones that haven't, but whose addresses I was able to find
on lists.debian.org.

The potfile is attached. Thank you in advance for any help you can
provide =)

Best regards,

--
Guilherme de S. Pastore (fatalerror)
<john@packages.debian.org> / <gpastore@colband.com.br>
#
#    Translators, if you are not familiar with the PO format, gettext
#    documentation is worth reading, especially sections dedicated to
#    this format, e.g. by running:
#         info -n '(gettext)PO Files'
#         info -n '(gettext)Header Entry'
#
#    Some information specific to po-debconf are available at
#            /usr/share/doc/po-debconf/README-trans
#         or http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/README-trans
#
#    Developers do not need to manually edit POT or PO files.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2004-07-14 10:24-0300\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

#. Type: boolean
#. description
#: ../templates:5
msgid "Should john run periodically and mail users?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. description
#: ../templates:5
msgid ""
"A cronjob can be installed to run john periodically, trying to crack weak "
"passwords and mailing the correspondent users. You will have to configure "
"the path and name of the temporary file (which might contain sensitive data) "
"in /etc/john/john-mail.conf."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. description
#: ../templates:5
msgid ""
"If you make an option of not installing now, you can, at any time, edit /etc/"
"cron.d/john and uncomment (remove the '#' from the beginning) the cron lines."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. description
#: ../templates:18
msgid "Should john replace the old cronjob?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. description
#: ../templates:18
msgid ""
"A more flexible cronjob has been used by john for some time now. "
"Consequently, the old one (present on your system) is deprecated, and "
"shouldn't be used anymore. It can safely be removed since the new one is "
"being installed and you only need to configure it before it runs."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. description
#: ../templates:18
msgid ""
"If you prefer not to make this change right now, you will be able to come "
"back to it in the future. Shall I replace the cronjob now?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: note
#. description
#: ../templates:29
msgid "Old cronjob not removed"
msgstr ""

#. Type: note
#. description
#: ../templates:29
msgid ""
"You chose not to remove the old cronjob. That's not a problem, since the new "
"one isn't enabled by default. Whenever you want to switch, just remove /etc/"
"cron.daily/john manually and activate the new cronjob."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. description
#: ../templates:37
msgid "Which word list do you want to use?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. description
#: ../templates:37
msgid ""
"The method used by john to try to crack weak passwords is mostly based on "
"lists of words. There is a default one, distributed with john that is being "
"installed with this package. However, it contains a lot of common passwords "
"as provided by john's author, Solar Designer, that might not be the most "
"appropriate and functional for you, since user passwords highly depend on "
"cultural background, mother language and other regional aspects."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. description
#: ../templates:37
msgid ""
"You can change the wordlist that john uses to any other wordlist installed "
"in the system by providing the full pathname. If it's not found, the default "
"one will be used (/usr/share/john/password.lst)."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. description
#: ../templates:37
msgid ""
"Note: You can use any of the wordlists provided by Debian (available under /"
"usr/share/dict) or any other you wish, as long as it is in a suitable format "
"(one word per line)."
msgstr ""

#. Type: text
#. description
#: ../templates:55
msgid "Configuration file missing"
msgstr ""

#. Type: text
#. description
#: ../templates:55
msgid ""
"The configuration file used by john (/etc/john/john.conf) is missing. This "
"probably means you have removed the file. Be warned that without this "
"configuration file, the john cronjob to check for weak passwords and mail "
"users periodically (if enabled) will not work, and users will need to setup "
"their own configuration files if they want to run john."
msgstr ""

#. Type: text
#. description
#: ../templates:55
msgid ""
"If you are not aware of removing this file, you should restore it. One "
"option is to use the example one, found under /usr/share/doc/john/examples."
msgstr ""