Re: Übersetzung von (file) description

Moin,
On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 04:56:29PM +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
> markus.hiereth@freenet.de wrote:
> > Hallo Helge und Mitlesende,
> >
> > Helge Kreutzmann schrieb am 29. Juni 2016 um 11:31
> >
> > > bei meinen Arbeiten an den Übersetzungen der Handbuchseiten bin ich
> > > auf das Wort »description« (file descrption) gestoßen und ich überlege
> > > derzeit, wie ich es übersetzen könnte.
> >
> > > Den Begriff »descriptor« haben wir mit Deskriptor übersetzt. Logisch
> >
> > "Beschreibung" passt glatt zu "description".
>
> Gibt es denn einen Grund, nicht "Beschreibung" zu nehmen?
>
> Wie Markus schon schrieb, passt Beschreibung doch eigentlich perfekt,
> oder?

Dann ist aber der Bezug descriptor <-> description verlorengegangen.

Ich habe mal in open(2) folgenes gefunden:

"A call to B<open>()  creates a new I<open file description>, an entry in the "
"system-wide table of open files.  The open file description records the file "
"offset and the file status flags (see below).  A file descriptor is a "
"reference to an open file description; this reference is unaffected if "
"I<pathname> is subsequently removed or modified to refer to a different "
"file.  For further details on open file descriptions, see NOTES."

…
msgid "Open file descriptions"

"The term open file description is the one used by POSIX to refer to the "
"entries in the system-wide table of open files.  In other contexts, this "
"object is variously also called an \"open file object\", a \"file handle\", "
"an \"open file table entry\", or\\(emin kernel-developer parlance\\(ema "
"I<struct file>."

"When a file descriptor is duplicated (using B<dup>(2)  or similar), the "
"duplicate refers to the same open file description as the original file "
"descriptor, and the two file descriptors consequently share the file offset "
"and file status flags.  Such sharing can also occur between processes: a "
"child process created via B<fork>(2)  inherits duplicates of its parent's "
"file descriptors, and those duplicates refer to the same open file "
"descriptions."