Re: Konflikt durch shutdown.8

Hello Mario / Dimitry,
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:42:43PM +0100, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
> Am 18.03.2015 um 09:17 schrieb Dmitry Shachnev:
> > On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:13:16 +0100, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> > Both sysvinit-core and systemd-sysv provide /sbin/shutdown [1], and their
> > implementations are incompatible (actually sysvinit version supports more
> > commandline options). So we need manpages for both of them.
> >
> > It *is* possible (in Jessie and current sid) to still use sysvinit as the
> > init system, and then shutdown(8) will point to the sysvinit version.
> >
> > These packages are not co-installable (systemd-sysv Conflicts: sysvinit-core),
> > so no need to worry about file conflicts.
> >
> > [1] and also upstart
> >
> Thanks for the information. Although the sysvinit-core and systemd packages are
> strictly separated from each other regarding the man pages, I was afraid to
> cause a file conflict in the manpages-de package, because my Fedora 21 system
> doesn't contain any sysvinit stuff and ships shutdown.8.gz as a regular file
> with the systemd package. In any case, good to know how Debian handles this.

In this case (two incompatible commands) we need to move the
translations to their respective packages, as manpages-de cannot ship
both versions.

It needs to be both, as otherwise the entire manpages-de becomes
uninstallable, e.g. if systemd ships the localized (german) version
than it needs to conflict with manpages-de.

But I suggest moving this discussion to debian-i18n, because then we
other localization teams might have encountered the same situation
(especially the French team).

Greetings