Re: gwhois 20100515+nmu1: Please update debconf PO translation for the package gwhois

Hello Michael,
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:24:53AM +0200, Michael Holzt wrote:
> > Of course, in case still nothing happens, I'll do the NMU and....here
> > I would be missing a German translation!
>
> A upload will happen soon as a bug needs to be fixed anyway. It will also
> include a german translation. I never requested a german translation as i

Thanks, great!

Again I appologize if I misinterpreted your silence. The translation
was missing for quite some time, I contacted you but got no reply.
Usually this means that the "last translator" is no longer responsive.
What I overlooked was that you are also the package maintainer.

In case no response is coming in it is normal procedure to pick up the
incomplete translation and recomplete it. Please note that I always
CC'ed you.

> did it myself in the past and intended to do so again. I have no problem
> with you l10n people, but this was quite obvious and now i have more work
> as i need(ed) to answer the mails, check the submitted translation and
> decide if i want to accept it or translate myself again.

It's only three strings, so either way it should not be too hard. And
we l10n people have become accustomed to people not replying so we had
to develop a way to continue past work. So maybe next time a simple
reply "thanks, I'll do it myself in the next ... " would save as all
time and grief.

Greetings