Re: Use of username and password for DDTSS

On 8/20/06, Tobias Toedter <t.toedter@gmx.net> wrote:
could you add a login system for the DDTSS? We've just discussed in the
German team that it would be nice to see who has translated what.
Furthermore, it would be possible to use different computers without losing
the information about translations done by an individual translator, which
is currently stored in a cookie.

Well, the login system exists already, under a slightly different URL.
The question is how you want to handle registration? do you want a
system where anyone can create a login for themselves to use, or you
want to send me a list of usernames/passwords, or something. Do you
even *want* passwords?

I think the easiest is to identify people by email address. I thought
about accounts per language but that would be irritating if one person
did multiple languages.

Would you want to stop unregistered people using the system?

That's the hardest part, controlling accounts. Once that's sorted, the
rest is easy... You have any thoughts on that?

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/