Re: Galician translation of apt-listbugs?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:38:08 +0200 Xurxo Barreiro wrote:

> Hello,
>
> here you have the updated Galician translation for apt-listbugs.

Hi Jorge,
thanks for the updated translation.

I have a few questions for you.

==== First question ====

#: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:54
msgid ""
" -s <severities>  : Filter bugs by severities you want to see (or \"all\")\n"
"                    [%s].\n"
msgstr ""
" -s <gravidades>  : Filtra os informes de fallo segundo a gravidade que\n"
"                    desexe ver, ou todos («all»)\n"
"                    [%s].\n"

The translators for some other languages [1][2][3] decided to translate
"(or \"all\")" as if it were actually "(or \"all\" for all)" .

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/apt-listbugs/apt-listbugs.git/tree/po/da.po?id=8d3b6fa48214f5e03ee8b059f28cf108ac0e86c5
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/apt-listbugs/apt-listbugs.git/tree/po/nb.po?id=8d3b6fa48214f5e03ee8b059f28cf108ac0e86c5
[3] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/apt-listbugs/apt-listbugs.git/tree/po/sv.po?id=8d3b6fa48214f5e03ee8b059f28cf108ac0e86c5

For instance the Danish translation of that parenthetical is
"(eller »all« for alle)" .

I think that this is a good idea, since it clarifies that using the
option "-s all" will show all the severities.
I have recommended all other translators to do the same.

Moreover, I am under the impression that "a gravidade" is singular (or
am I wrong?).
Would it be better to use a plural form to clarify that more than one
severity may be selected at the same time?

Would the following be a correct translation?

msgstr ""
" -s <gravidades>  : Filtra os informes de fallo segundo as gravidades que\n"
"                    desexe ver (ou «all» para todos)\n"
"                    [%s].\n"

Please fix any grammar errors (I basically know nothing about Galician,
sorry!).

==== Second question ====

#: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:56
msgid ""
" -S <states>      : Filter bugs by pending-state categories you want to see\n"
"                    [%s].\n"
msgstr ""
" -S <estados>     : Filtra os informes de fallo segundo o estado que\n"
"                    desexe ver\n"
"                    [%s].\n"

I am under the impression that "o estado" is singular (or am I wrong?).
Would it be better to use a plural form to clarify what more than one
pending-state may be selected at the same time?

Would something like the following be correct?

msgstr ""
" -S <estados>     : Filtra os informes de fallo segundo os estados que\n"
"                    desexe ver\n"
"                    [%s].\n"

Again, please fix any grammar errors...

==== Third question ====

#: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:81
msgid "Outstanding"
msgstr "Importante"

Is this the correct translation?
The meaning of the English "Outstanding" is (in the context of Debian
bugs) "unresolved", "not taken care of". That is to say, meaning #3 in
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/outstanding

Since, as I said, I know nothing about Galician, I may well be wrong,
but your translation really looks like "important", which is not really
the correct meaning here...

N.B.: the Spanish translation is "Pendientes"

Moreover, as the note for translators says: the strings
in ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:8[123456] refer to a plural quantity of
bugs.
Are your translations in plural form?

Please tell me how to modify these six translations, if needed.

==== Fourth question ====

#. TRANSLATORS: "Found" refers to one singular bug
#: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:668
msgid " (Found: %s)"
msgstr " (Atopados: %s)"

#. TRANSLATORS: "Fixed" refers to one singular bug
#: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:670
msgid " (Fixed: %s)"
msgstr " (Arranxados: %s)"

Are these two translations in singular form, as suggested by the notes
for translators?
If not, would the following translations be correct?

msgstr " (Atopado: %s)"

msgstr " (Arranxado: %s)"

==== End of questions ====

Please let me know, thanks for your time.

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/
 fsck is a four letter word...