Re: A line while domain.com. Is while the correct word?

u34@net9.ga wrote:
[...]
> Quoting https://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/dehydrated/dehydrated.1.en.html
>
>     A single line while "example.com example.net" will request a single
>     certificate
>
> line broken by me for readability.
>
> Even though the meaning looks to me clear, shouldn't the word while be
> replaced?

Yes, that looks like a clear typo for "file" (camouflaged by the fact
that the sentence might plausibly have been connected to the previous
one with a "while" or "whereas").

I've looked through for anything else to moan about while I'm here,
but there isn't much.

 * the previous line has "Dehydrated" where I expected "dehydrated".
   (In fact I expected it to be highlighted throughout, but never mind
   that.)

 * the definition of --force mode has:

    Force renew of certificate even if it is longer valid than value
    in RENEW_DAYS

   This isn't quite idiomatic.  If I'm correctly guessing what
   "--force" does (implying this isn't very urgent) I would suggest:

    Force certificate renewal even if it is not due to expire within
    RENEW_DAYS