Re: adding infos to pseudo-urls.wml

2012/9/17 Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk>:
> Instead of tacking on all this not terribly clear stuff about seeing
> messages I would suggest just making it:
>
>     Sent by a coordinator (not by a random list member) to indicate
>     that there is a document that needs to be worked on.

Fixed in the latest version for MAJ and ITT milestone.

>>   <dd>Sent to indicate that you plan to work on the translation; used to
>>           avoid double work.<br />
>
> Sorry, I don't understand this.

I rewrite the sentence to:
   If you send an <tt>[itt]</tt> message and somebody else send
another [itt] for the same file,
   please send a new message immediately on the mailing list to remind
him you have the priority.
   The goal is to avoid useless work.

I hope it's better.
If it's not the case, this is the process I try to describe:
- Alice send an itt to translate a file.
- Few days after Alice, Bob send an itt because he missed the previous
Alice's e-mail.
- Alice send a new message to say she started to translate it before.

>>     Used dd<br />
>
> Typo?

Yes it's a typo. Fixed now.

>>       Used to put a translation on hold, for example when more changes
>>           are due, so any work done on updates now is likely to be wasted.<br />
>>     It could occur when the package maintainer made a mistake or the translation is available somewhere else.
>
> Those are really unclear examples.  If the "for example" in the
> existing text wasn't enough, improve that.

I tried a new sentence. Hope it's better:

	Used to put a translation on hold, for example when more changes
	are due (if there is errors about translation in the package or the
translation is available somewhere else).<br />
	The goal of this status is to avoid unuseful work.

> [...]
>                                                                    ^the
> Is it really "di-manuel" rather than "di-manual"?

I added the word 'the'.
I searched in the archive and there are lot of mails with "d-i-manuel"
and none with "di-manual". So I just added the missing minus between
'd' and 'i'.

Thank you for your careful review Justin!

--
Imprimez ce message en A2 et en couleur au moins 500 fois!
Brûlez des arbres!!

-- envoyé depuis ma centrale à charbon
Stéphane

#use wml::debian::template title="Coordination of l10n teams"

<h1>Pseudo-URLs</h1>

The program that listens to debian-l10n-* lists understands pseudo-URLs in the
subject header.
The pseudo-URLs need to have the following form.

The <i>state</i> must be one of the following:
TAF, MAJ, ITT, RFR, LCFC, BTS#&lt;bug number&gt;, DONE, or HOLD.

<dl>
  <dt>
  </dt>
  </dd>
  <dt>
  </dt>
	    and that the work is reserved for the previous translator.
  <dt>
    <tt>ITT</tt> (Intent To Translate)
  </dt>
  <dd>Sent to indicate that you plan to work on the translation; used to
	    avoid double work.<br />
  <dt>
    <tt>RFR</tt> (Request For Review)
  </dt>
  <dd>
        An initial draft translation is attached. Others on the list are
	    requested to check it for errors and send a reply (possibly
	    off-list if they found no flaws).<br />
	    Further RFRs may follow if substantial changes have been made.
  </dd>
  <dt>
    <tt>ITR</tt> (Intent To Review)
  </dt>
  <dd>
   	    Used to avoid LCFCs being sent when there are reviews pending.<br />
  	    Mainly used when you expect your review not to be ready for several
  	    days (because the translation is big, or you don't have any time
  	    before the weekend, etc.)<br />
  	    The mail body should contain an indication of when to expect the
  	    review.<br />
        Note that ITR pseudo-URLs are ignored by the spider.<br />
  </dd>
  <dt>
    <tt>LCFC</tt> (Last Chance For Comment)
  </dt>
  <dd>
        Indicates that translation is finished, with changes from the
	    review process incorporated, and that it will be sent to the
	    appropriate place.<br />
        Can be sent when there are no ITRs, and discussion following the
            last RFR has ended for a few days.<br />
	    Should not be sent before there has been at least one review.
  </dd>
  <dt>
    <tt>BTS#&lt;bug number&gt;</tt> (Bug Tracking System)
  </dt>
  <dd>
    Used to register a bug number once you have submitted the
            translation to the BTS.<br />
	The spider will regularly check if an open bug report has been
	    fixed or closed.
  </dd>
  <dt>
    <tt>DONE</tt>
  </dt>
  <dd>
	Used to close a thread once the translation has been dealt with;
	    useful if it has not been sent to the BTS.
  </dd>
  <dt>
    <tt>HOLD</tt>
  </dt>
  <dd>
	Used to put a translation on hold, for example when more changes
	    are due (if there is errors about translation in the package or the translation is available somewhere else).<br />
	The goal of this status is to avoid unuseful work.
  </dd>
</dl>

The <i>type</i> can be anything indicating the type of the document, such as
po-debconf, debian-installer, po, po4a, or wml.

<i>package</i> is the name of the package that the document comes from.
Please use <i>www.debian.org</i> or nothing for the WML files of the
Debian web site.

<i>file</i> is the filename of the document; it can contain other information
to uniquely identify the document, such as the path to the file.

The structure of <i>file</i> depends on the chosen type, and of course the
language.
In principle it's just an identifier, but since it's used
on these web pages to track the status of translations,
it's strongly recommended to follow the scheme given below.

<ul>
</ul>

The BTS state is somewhat special; it registers a bug number so the
l10n-bot can track the status of the translation once submitted to
the BTS by checking whether any of the open bug reports have been
closed. Thus for instance the debian-l10n-spanish list might use:

If you intend to translate a lot of packages, you can ITT them all
at once. An example (for the debian-l10n-danish list):
So put the packages between braces and separate them with commas. No
extra spaces!