Re: Debian Ports Page

Le 11/08/2012 07:56, Martin Eberhard Schauer a écrit :

>>> Maybe Debian GNU/kFreeBSD and Debian GNU/Hurd count as "supported
>>> architectures" as well?
>>>
>> IIRC, hurd-i386 isn't an official port. I think they're kfreebsd-amd64
>> and kfreebsd-i386.

They were indeed the two pseudo-architectures that made the differences
(pseudo-, since i386 and amd64 are already supported with Linux, but
architectures nonetheless on Debian point of view). We had trouble to
mention them in the Squeeze release announcement too, hopefully we'll
find a nice way to word it until Wheezy gets released,
debian-l10n-english CC to gather more advices. “11 architectures and 2
non-Linux ports” is the less ugly a can think of right now, but I
dislike “non” in “non-Linux”, making the statement negative, and
”kFreeBSD” might be a little too much Debian specific for a wide and
public announcement (but I might be overthinking this last one).

>> But there's still only eleven (armhf and s390x are currently unofficial):
>> http://www.debian.org/ports/#portlist-released
>>
> This page needs an update, as s390x and armhf *are* release
> architectures (1).

Well, they will only be official once Wheezy get published, to stay on
the nip-ticking way (thus the call for testing)…

> 1: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/06/msg00003.html

Regards

David