Re: Fwd: Remastering KNOPPIX adding KNOPPIX[n] overlay's to iso file

On 10/19/2018 12:32 PM, Ricardo Pereira Rodrigues wrote:
Hi,

Em Qui, 18 de out de 2018 16:09, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> escreveu:

Is the EFI of the successfully booting machine perhaps set to "Legacy"
or "CSM" ? That would explain why the BIOS-ready ISO boots.

Yes, it was set to legacy. When I change it to UEFI it didn't boot...

(I have read rumors of EFI implementations which automatically switch
  to Legacy mode if no EFI System Partition is found. Typically the affected
  users are too exhausted after success to go on with investigating.)
Its a pitty... some changes turns it difficult and confusing... There
are some computers that are unable to boot any device... I saw one
laptop where I sadly explained to the fellow that that computer (an
asus model) were not able to boot its recent ubuntu version (v.16)...
its sad...

  users are too exhausted after success to go on with investigating.)

purely true! (true true true!) I've got really tired that day, looking
for a solution...

Thanks for the messages!
Has Klaus Knopper created a detailed document on how to
remaster knoppix into a new iso? including various scenarios
that have been posted to this list over the years?
If so, I hope Klaus will post the URL of that document to this list.

Cheers,

JD