Re: Knoppix Terminal Server won't start

Hello Eric,

If the network card that's supposed to deliver DHCP addresses to clients
is not configured yet, dhcpd won't work, therefore it's not possible to
go any further in the script until you set a static IP address for that
card.

In recent Knoppix versions (7.7), the somewhat easier to use network
managers configuration tool pops up instead of the Xdialog-based
"netcardconfig", to let you configure eth0 or eth1.

The unrelated ifconfig output syntax problem was already fixed a while
ago.

I just uploaded the current knoppix-terminalserver package + source to
debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org, so you can try the next version (which
will be included in Knoppix 8.0).