Feature (re)-request

In (way) earlier versions of Knoppix, XMMS media player was included. XMMS went in a different direction and has been forked a few times.

Its current incarnation is Audacious.

Most of the included players are itunes clones, I don't really need a bloated "media management system", I just want to drag and drop some files and have them played. I also want a small window and low resource usage.

Using one of the winamp skins you can have all of this. It will even directly play audio CD's

Thank you for your time and consideration

http://audacious-media-player.org/