Re: Problem with display with core i3-6100T

Marcin Lach composed on 2016-10-19 09:58 (UTC+0200):

I repeat my post, mayby some can help:

There is a problem with new intel 6th generation core i processors. I have
AiO PC with core i3-6100T processor with integrated graphic (HD Graphics
530) and can't get proper diplay.
System boots, but in a moment when kernel try to change resolution, screen
starts to flash green, red, blue without end.
With nomodeset prarameter I can get desktop but only with resolution
1024x768.
I have tried kernel 4.4 from  debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org but
without success. Also compiled new kernel 4.7.3 (with .config file from
knoppix 7.6) and also got the same flashing red green blue screen.

Does someone successfully run knoppix on machine with  6th generation core
i processor?

> I have found simillar problem here
> https://01.org/linuxgraphics/forum/graphics-installer-discussions/intel-driver-not-loading-ubuntu-14/15/16-hp-proone-400-g2
> But I dont know what is causing this and how to fix it.

If you are not using latest Knoppix with 1.18.x server, upgrading just the kernel is probably not enough for use with the 1.16.x server and Skylake.

If you are using latest Knoppix with 1.18.0 server, try purging the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver. That should result in use of the modesetting driver that is incorporated in the Xorg server itself. Be sure that nomodeset is not included on the kernel cmdline at boot.

If that doesn't work, asking about your Skylake CPU problem on the intel-gfx mailing list might be more fruitful.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/