Fwd: Discussion? (Re: Knoppix 7.4.x CD)

I agree wholeheartedly.  This bare-bones Knoppix, combined with the ability to form KNOPPIX2, etc.  will make having just what I want available to me on every computer I sit before.  I can then take my own, customized computing experience with me.

Please consider this.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Otto Domínguez <otto@sistemasorion.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: Discussion? (Re: Knoppix 7.4.x CD)
To:
​​
debian-knoppix@knopper.net
Cc:
debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org

I think the CD version should not contain much software. Just a shell, an editor and a web browser, with LXDE as only desktop with the Knoppix customizations (Knoppix menu, compiz integration). This can serve as a base for customizations made by the user, be on an overlay partition or via remastering. Let's say you Mr, Knopper already produce this everytime you make a new Knoppix image, just pause the process before adding the whole software suite contained in the DVD version, and give us that barebones image.

--
Ing. Otto Domínguez
http://sistemasorion.com

Por favor no envíe archivos adjuntos en formatos propietarios.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html