To replace failed MD RAID1 HD (soft)/No video in 6.4.4 on radeon

SATA sda is what failed on P4/ICH7/rv380 system. While sda was removed, I was able to Grub boot what was sdb as sda to the degraded RAID1 arrays, but now that sda is back with nothing on its RAID1 partitions, Grub won't boot anything from (hd1).

I booted 6.0.1EN to runlevel 3, and found no /proc/mdstat. So I did modprobe dm_mod and modprobe raid1. That created /proc/mdstat, but with no devices configured. I don't seen anything in cheatcodes to help with RAID rebuilding. Then I booted 6.4.4EN to default runlevel using noddc (display has invalid EDID), which put the monitor to sleep after displaying some scrambled output, and disabled keyboard, forcing use of reset button. I've tried failsafe, nomodeset and various other cheatcodes, but always lose video after devices have been configured, even in runlevel 3.

Is there a RAID configurator tool on the X desktop if I ever get there?
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/