Re: FTP client for Knoppix

Dear Mr. Culleton,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:58:33AM -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> Does Knoppix come with an ftp client or do I need to download one?
> Which one?

For downloads, Firefox/Iceweasel will do fine. For uploads, I prefer
using commandline clients which give me full control over the
connection, like ncftp or lftp, but there are also various graphical FTP
clients, depending on which Knoppix version we are talking about.

KDE and GNOME come with their own FTP-enabled desktop browsers.

If you do a local search for "FTP" in your software database (using the
synaptic package manager or "dpkg -l", for example), you will find most
programs that support the ftp protocol. Without knowing the Knoppix
version you use, I'm unable to tell by myself, sorry.

> John Culleton, Wexford Press
> "Create Book Covers with Scribus"

Btw, scribus is always included in the DVD version of Knoppix, too.
Hopefully, always the most current stable version. :-)

With kind regards