Re: Knoppix 5.1 Mini-Announcement

Le 14 Décembre 2006 05:13, Klaus Knopper a écrit :

> - Thinking about whether to completely remove the
> knoppix-installer, or take another week for rewriting it from
> scratch, or keep the current "works-occasionally" version.

An installer is certainly a nice feature but, if i remember well, the
installer has been years in development since Christian Perle gave it
a try. Then, there was the reworked installer from Fabian Franz.
Then. if I'm not mistaken, Kanotix's installer was borrowed. Then, I
don't know.

And it still doesn't work except occasionnaly, but could be rewritten
from scratch in one week... and work? IANAP, so, knowing that many
people put a lot of work in OSS, I won't criticize, but I sometimes
wonder if reality check is in active mode.