Cheatcode to prevent module loading

Hi,

I've recently tested a Packard bell easy-note sw51-101w (laptop)

KNOPPIX 5.0.1 seems to lock on autoconfiguring devices, we could help booting with noudev param but no tty are available anymore (ex: Konsole). Or we could press Ctrl c twice to abort autoconfiguring process and then boot continue.

I've find that rt2500usb module was the one which blocks boot process,
I've put:
blacklist rt2500usb
in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist after an _hdinstall_

I've looked at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes but can't find a cheatcode to deny loading of a particular module:

do you think it could be "easy" to add one ?

Ps: lsusb output: (card seems onboard but usb ^^)
ID 148f : 2573 Ralink Technology, Corp.

Ps2: I've tried rt2x00 driver available at http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com without success

Thanks,

--