Re: [debian-knoppix] Graphic Configurations links?

Hello!

I just bought a Desknote computer that has a  SiS 740/961 chipset for
graphics/netork etc. The Ethernet card is recognised as a SiS900 which is
correct, since when loading a standard Debian it works fine.

Because of difficulties with console - (I lose the last 4 lines of console text
in a debian install) I thought I would try using Knoppix and the hdinstall
option. The distro loads fine, and solves all my graphic headaches wonderfully,
but... although the SiS900 is correctly found at boot, I am unable to connect to
my lan or the internet.
In the boot console (alt Ctrl F1 from GUI) I get a NETWATCH time out error every
few seconds, which makes me think the distro is trying to use DHCP, even though
I have tried to set a static netork up. When I do a route -n I seem to have the
IP of my machine OK, but he gateway is 0.0.0.0 and a second line looks the other
way around?? Sorry I'm not a network expert :-)

Is this problem likely to be a routeing problem within my Knoppix settup or
doesn't knoppix kernel have the SiS900 built in, ?  Some poiters would be
welcome.

Thanks

Frank