Re: [debian-knoppix] Suggestions

Rachel Goldman wrote:

> I would be nice to have one that only had an
> up-to-date version of KDE and gnome (when the bugs are
> worked out, get version 2) and blackbox and/or icewn
> and let someone else worry about installing the other
> packages. Lets face it not many of use will be using
> both openoffice and koffice!! Kstars and most of the
> games might not be what someone using knoppix as a
> rescue CD might want as well.

is knoppix primary a rescue CD? Imho it's primary used by people, who want to see, how easy Linux can really be.

gnome and blackbox are not there, and we think about killing even more window managers. Knoppix has everything except disk space.

> I'd also like to suggest adding mirrors for the
> packages installed on knoppix so that additions would
> be simpler, at least for those of use who are just
> mere newbies.

they are stock debian packages (mostly), for which you can find around 200 mirrors around the world.

Kai Lahmann