Re: Re: [debian-knoppix] Booting older Hardware with TERMINAL-Server

Hi all

>on the client:
>  boot normal (like the FAT client)
>  don't start X normal, but make a 'X -broadcast' or a 'X -query SERVER'
Grisu, can you explain that in detail?
What exactly does the "broadcast" option do?
After booting the FAT client, how exactly would I do that?
Stop X and restart it with the broadcast option?

Thinking of cheap older hardware that might be interesting...
Thank you
jan

--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss or damage caused by relying on this information.