Re: [debian-knoppix] Problem remastering Knoppix

On Saturday 28 December 2002 21:22, Nathan Chilton wrote:

> Hello Aryan,
> These are the commands I use, modified for your source and master
> directories.  I have both my source and master on the same filesystem
> (/mnt/hda2/knxsource, /mnt/hda2/knxmaster) Try:
> mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX http://knoppix.net";
> -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5
> /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > mnt/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX this may
> take a couple of minutes to begin (not hours)
> then to make the ISO,
> cd /mnt/master
> mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c
> KNOPPIX/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /location_to_dump_new_iso /mnt/master

Hi Nathan,

We managed to remaster the CD yesterday and it works well. So thanks for the
help, howto...

But the question that remains is how to customize KNOPPIX so that it uses the
Farsi version of KDE and out keyboard. From the posts here I get that a
preset default of the keyboard is not possible, is that right?
We messed around in /etc/skel and set some other values for KNOPPIX but those
did not change the defaults of KDE.

How are customizations possible?

Thanks,
Arash