[debian-knoppix] Problem remastering Knoppix

Hi all:

Guess I'm new around here, so hello to everyone.
I have tried remastering Knoppix, with no success. I have followed routine
instructions, making two "master and "source" directories under /mnt and
mounting a partition to it, extracting the CD into these directories, chroot
to the source/KNOPPIX directory, and then changing the system untill it fit
my needs. But, then, I am unable to make the filesystem. When I issue

" mkisofs  -R -l -V "KNOPPIX iso9660 filesystem" -hide-rr-moved -v \
/mnt/source/KNOPPIX  | create_compressed_fs - 65536 > \
/mnt/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX"

It stayes there, doing nothing, I even once waited for a couple of hours, just
to make sure that it really is not progressing. I also tried

"mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" \
-hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 \
/usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX"

It give me a warning saying that my filesystem is non compliant with iso 9660
standard. Again staying and doing nothing.

Any ideas?

cheers
Aryan