Re: [debian-knoppix] [ANNOUNCE] knx_persistent_home v0.4

David GLAUDE Mailing <dglaudemailing@gmx.net> schrieb am 22.12.02 23:26:12:
> It would be nice to be able to store the home of the user knoppix on the
> same disk. However KNOPPIX mount it as read-only under the name /cdrom
> (even it is /dev/hda5).
I didn't test this, but it should find your .knoppix file on /dev/hda5 and mount this
device under mnt/hda5 (rw!).

> To convince KNOPPIX that it is OK to write on /cdrom I have to:
> mount -t vfat -o remount /dev/hda5 /cdrom (from memory)
> in a root box.
>
> So will your script detect/support such a specific setting?
> Will it work if I just add the above line to your knoppix.sh?
I think (hope!) this is not neccessary. Anyway, the script will only
look under /mnt for already mounted devices.
So to help the script you better mount to /mnt and add the line to a file
called preknoppix.sh. This way you don't have to merge your changes into
the next version of knx_persistent_home. :-)

> Are you sure this GPL compatible?
> I would suggest a multi-licencing scheme where one licence at least is
> explicitly GPL compatible. ;-)
No, I'm not sure about this. If needed, i can switch over to LGPL or something.
My aim is to not restrict the use of the scripts in any possible way. :-)

Bye - Matthias

btw.: Sorry about the spam in the footer - i'm using web.de's webinterface. :-(