Re: [debian-knoppix] [ANNOUNCE] knx_persistent_home v0.4

The next version of knx_persistent_home is available for download at:
http://www.centernetworx.de/knx_persistent_home_0.4.zip

This might be a stupid question or a hint for next release.
Is it possible to store the persistent home in the /cdrom directory?
I explain: I don't want to write on a read only CD. ;-)
On my system I copy the KNOPPIX file into the KNOPPIX directory of a FAT partition (Let's call that a read-only HDinstall). It would be nice to be able to store the home of the user knoppix on the same disk. However KNOPPIX mount it as read-only under the name /cdrom (even it is /dev/hda5).

To convince KNOPPIX that it is OK to write on /cdrom I have to:
mount -t vfat -o remount /dev/hda5 /cdrom (from memory)
in a root box.

So will your script detect/support such a specific setting?
Will it work if I just add the above line to your knoppix.sh?

Thanks anyway, I sure I will find a way to make it work for me. ;-)

In case someone asks for the license model: "Use it for whatever makes you happy" :-)
If I have to name a model, I would choose the
"Perl Artistic License".

Are you sure this GPL compatible?
I would suggest a multi-licencing scheme where one licence at least is explicitly GPL compatible. ;-)

David GLAUDE