[debian-knoppix] [ANNOUNCE] knx_persistent_home v0.4

Hi all!

The next version of knx_persistent_home is available for download at:
http://www.centernetworx.de/knx_persistent_home_0.4.zip

Thanks to Friedemann Schuetz for uploading it!

In case someone asks for the license model:
"Use it for whatever makes you happy" :-)
If I have to name a model, I would choose the
"Perl Artistic License".

What's new in version 0.4:
==========================
- Several bugfixes (busy loopdevices & swapfile issues)
  [Mostly reported by Klemens Hofer - thanks!]
- The readme now has a french translation
  [Many thanks to Florent Beranger!]
- New bootparameter "copyhome" to copy the persistent home into
  the ramdisk and umount the persistent home afterwards. So it's
  no longer persistent - it's more of a kind of preset!
  [Idea by probono]
- New script "knx_copy_home" to copy the home directory from ramdisk
  to an existing persistent home (the counterpart for "copyhome").
  Background: If you use a digital camera to store your persistent home,
  you can turn it off (saving your battery) while you work under
  knoppix. Before you shutdown knoppix, you can turn it back on and
  start knx_copy_home to actively write your home directory to .knoppix
  file on the camera. You need the bootparameter "copyhome" for this to
  work! [Idea by SI Reasoning]
- The knoppix.sh will now also scan every directory under /mnt for
  the .knoppix-file. This way you can mount remote shares by simply
  mounting them in the preknoppix.sh script.
  [Inspiration for this by johnye_pt]
- New option to encrypt the .knoppix file. (Passwords must be at
  least 20 characters long!)
- knx_persistent_home is now directly runable by clicking on it.
- Fixed: "must-be-root"-problem [Thanks to Chris Liechti for this!]
- New: (slightly) modified version of Klaus' saveconfig to save
  the system configuration directly into the persistent home, if
  it exists. (Or behave like the original if no persistent home is
  used). The texts are unmodified - it still says "[...] floppy".
- knx_persistent_home now runs under X and in textmode.

Remarks:
The package is meant to be uncompressed under Linux. I've heard of
broken scripts after unpacking under Windows. However, this package
is no longer a tar.gz but a zip instead. Maybe this helps Windows
users to get around this. I do not use Windows, so I can't test
this easily - sorry!

Bye,
Matthias