Re: [debian-knoppix] Adding more security tools?

Good point. And Knoppix already has several excellent security tools (Nessus, Snort, Ettercap, etc.). However, the majority of tools I have in mind are *small* command-line security tools for custom packet generation (dnet), IP stack/application stress testing (isic), and other specialized tools (irpas). Oh, and mall meaning a couple of hundred bytes at most.

Not to mention hping wich is build in!!!

I had the same need for Knoppix + a few small exploit/security tools.
By taking the original iso, removing audio and pdf you have space left for a few prog or shell script. You can make knoppix.sh to move them to a specific location and update your PATH at boot time.
If they are really small, then a floppy should do it too. ;-)

What I did (since Knoppix boot always on the same PC with build in HD) is to store a filesystem in a file and loop mount it. That file can be moved arround too (not to mention usb-flash-storage).

As others have noted, Knoppix is mature and quite tweakable. I do wonder if folks are sharing these custom images? Is there an interest in this kind of exchange?

There is a JapanKnoppix and a MiniKnoppix plus the original KNOPPIX.DE and KNOPPIX.EN. Now hosting an iso is not something always easy. It take more time to upload than to download (ADSL). But there seems to be a space for contribute thing...

David GLAUDE