Re: [debian-knoppix] Adding more security tools?

e:e
e>the typical answer is,
e>what do you want to remove from the CD ? :-)
e>
e>I'm not joking :-), the CD is full, so just propose to remove something and
e>explain why is better to put more security tools.
e>
e>May be i'm wrong, but usally Klaus Knopper always answer the same :-D

Good point.  And Knoppix already has several excellent security tools
(Nessus, Snort, Ettercap, etc.).  However, the majority of tools I
have in mind are *small* command-line security tools for custom packet
generation (dnet), IP stack/application stress testing (isic), and other
specialized tools (irpas).  Oh, and mall meaning a couple of hundred bytes
at most.

For some examples and links to what I'm thinking about, please check out:
http://trinux.sourceforge.net/tools.html

As others have noted, Knoppix is mature and quite tweakable.  I do wonder
if folks are sharing these custom images?  Is there an interest in this
kind of exchange?

Thanks for a great distro :)

-scm