Re: [debian-knoppix] one solution to the KNOPPIX CD-ROM space problem

Valentijn,

] At Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 07:06:29PM -0800, Eric De Mund wrote:
] > ] So, is there a version that runs from DVD-ROM? DVD-ROM is almost
] > ] as cheap as CD-ROM (under $45 US) and space becomes a non-issue.
] [...]
] > Klaus can clone himself by writing a tool that would allow any
] > person to be Klaus. Which is to say that he can clone himself by
] > writing a tool that would allow any person to create a perfect .iso.
] > Klaus, if you automated that process, you'd REALLY have something on
] > your hands.
]
] Klaus is way ahead of you. He even cloned the cloner. I'm building a
] build tool. Just a couple of bash scripts ;-)

This is big. Thanks for sharing this. As an avid zsh user, and as a fan
of fluxbox and blackbox, but also as someone without tons of time at my
disposal to learn how to craft my own KNOPPIX .iso, I really look
forward to this tool becoming available.

"Just a couple of bash scripts," you say, but eliminating hassle and,
more importantly, the worry of uncertainty is something that really
means a lot to huge numbers of people. Present company included! Thanks
for working on this.

Regards,
Eric
--