Re: [debian-knoppix] one solution to the KNOPPIX CD-ROM space problem

At Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 07:06:29PM -0800, Eric De Mund wrote:
> ] So, is there a version that runs from DVD-ROM? DVD-ROM is almost as
> ] cheap as CD-ROM (under $45 US) and space becomes a non-issue.
[...]
> Klaus can clone himself by writing a tool that would allow any person to
> be Klaus. Which is to say that he can clone himself by writing a tool
> that would allow any person to create a perfect .iso. Klaus, if you
> automated that process, you'd REALLY have something on your hands.

Klaus is way ahead of you. He even cloned the cloner. I'm building a build
tool. Just a couple of bash scripts ;-)

Klaus: do you just chroot() into the knoppix cloop-dir (the directory
from which you build the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file in the end) to
install/deinstall packages, or is there other voodoo involved? (Please note
that I didn't look into this yet, so this might be an obvious question).

V.
p.s. sorry for the 2x post - when I post from v.sessink@... the listbot
replies that my message awaits moderation. Stupid me, keep forgetting that.
--
http://www.openoffice.nl/   Open Office - Linux Office Solutions
Valentijn Sessink  valentyn+sessink@nospam.openoffice.nl