[debian-knoppix] Re: for Klaus Knopper

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 03:09:08PM +0100, Florent BERANGER wrote:
>   Hello Klaus,
>
> this ml seem to be the only way to contact you :(
> I've sent 2/3 days ago you an interesting email about Knoppix development
> organisation enhancement. Perhaps miss in 1500 inbox mails :(

Currently 2500. I now randomly delete old mails. No chance to answer all of
them, EVER, sorry. If it's really important (as opposed to "How do I burn
CDs with Windows", or "I don't know what to do with an ISO file because
I have no burner"), people usually write again after a while.

> Please read it. I hope it helps you to manage Knoppix dev.

If your suggestion was something with CVS: Basically a good idea.
We have an anonymous CVS server here.

Problem: The Knoppix Mastering machine(s) is/are NOT permanently connected
to the internet, for security reasons, and I want to keep it that way.
So, getting the sources into or reading them from a public CVS will be
REALLY hard.

What COULD work, would be a read-only CVS that I would have to update
every time I create a new release, with the master source staying on the
offline build system. But then, I can as well copy the source tar.gz
files on http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/sources/ , which I occasionally
do.

> PS : now that Knoppix development is international, can we status about
> mailing-list language and decide that English language must be used for
> communication (it's the most used language in technical).

OK, for my part. But still, if someone has a question in german that is
only relevant to german users (or french, or russian for that matter),
I see no problem if one mail is in the specific language, if it is not of
"public" interest. No?

Regards, and apologies for not answering quick enough
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/