[debian-knoppix] Loading selfcompiled cloop Kernel module fails (on SuSE-8.0)

Hi,

I was trying to compile the cloop.o Kernel module today
and get it to work.

I did what's in

   http://www.knopper.net/download/knoppix/cloop.README

and everything seemed to go smoothly (compilation, depmod -a,
mknod).

Only the command to load the module into the kernel, in my
case

  insmod cloop.o file=/data/iso-images/KNOPPIX_V3.1-2002-12-12-DE.iso

produces this error message:

  cloop.o: init_module: Invalid argument
  Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
  including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

I readily admit that I don't know *anything* about loading
Kernel modules. The "Hint" doesn't give me any clue, how I
could overcome this.

System: SuSE-8.0
----------------
kde-bitshop: # uname -a
  Linux kde-bitshop 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown
kde-bitshop: # cat /etc/SuSE
  SuSE-release  SuSEconfig
kde-bitshop: # cat /etc/SuSE-release
  SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386)
  VERSION = 8.0
kde-bitshop: # rpm -q k_deflt
  k_deflt-2.4.18-58
kde-bitshop: # rpm -q kernel-source
  kernel-source-2.4.18.SuSE-35

Any specific hints, how to debug or resolve this?

Cheers,
Kurt