[debian-knoppix] safe settings once made in Knoppix on HD

Title: knoppix-liste
I like Knoppix very much :-) especially the hardware detection works very fine.
First question:
Is it possible to safe settings once made in Knoppix (for example font-size in the terminalwindow, screensaver, background image ...)? (without installing the entire Knoppix system on the hard disk)

I remember that the SuSE Live Eval CD has such an option - the settings made are stored in a configuration file on the harddisk (FStype VFAT). Can I do this with Knoppix too?

Second question:
In the FAQ I have read that I can order the Knoppix-CD directly from Knoppix via www.knoppix.de (contact-form) by sending a stamped envelope. Do I only have to send the envelope or are there any other costs?

Thanks, Klemens