Re: [debian-knoppix] French translation of knoppix web site / suggestions for next version

Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2002 14:08 schrieb Florent BERANGER:
>   Hello,
>
> I'm new on this mailing-list. My name is Florent BERANGER, I'm analyst
> developer. I've already worked for a distro (Mdk).
> I tryed Knoppix and I like it a lot. I've installed it on my laptop.
>
> You'll find, joined, the French translation (exept licence and disclaimer)
> of the main page of KNOPPIX web site. I'm working one the faq translation.
>
> I have noted some things which can be improved for the next release :
>

> - enhance knx-installer (it's a VERY greet feature and I know that many
> users use it) -> if the user have started  KNOPPIX with lang=fr, for
> exemple, configure KDE with French language & french keyboard layout by
> default, it'll be very nice for beginner users.

I'm co-working on it (only doing patches, but maintainer is busy), but afair
this should be working since last version ... I thought you had changed
something about it, Klaus ?

Also we have planned: Patches work, but are not yet inserted by Christian...
He seems to be of really short time ... :

- initrd-support for other filesystems than ext2 (so ext3/reiserfs would be
possible)
- progress-bar, when copying files ...
- better /etc/modules-support (see below)
- Mounts on the Desktop (not yet worked on)
- Automatic lilo config for other operating systems (some problems, not yet
really worked on)

> - don't include experimental and unstable sources of debian in
> /etc/apt/source.list, it break the install (glibc 2.2.5 -> 2.3.1 for
> exemple).

Had no problems with it ...

> Here a bug report : when I run KNOPPIX by the CDROM, my USB mouse with
> wheel (logitech desktop optical ) works fine but when KNOPPIX is on
> hard-drive, it doesn't works (I use the touchpad). I'll take a look to it,
> I've just installed it.

You have to reorder the usb modules in /etc/modules ...

This should be fixed in the installer ...

For that Klaus hwsetup and knx-autoconfig must when doing a modprobe also
insert it into /etc/modules with the appropriate parameters ...

I could provide a patch ...

I knew that such USB Bug-Reports would be coming ... :-) I had this problem

cu

Fabian