Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix don't find my graphiccard

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 05:42:35AM +0100, am-user wrote:
> hi,
>
> knoppix don't find my Graphiccard. It is a Elsa Gloria l/mx with following
> chips use :
>
> Graphicprozessor : 3Dlabs GLINT MX
> 3D Prozessor : 3Dlabs GLINT Delta
> VGA : S3 Virge

Unsufficient information. Please send me the PCI numbers of this card as
shown with lspci; lspci -n as stated in the FAQ.

> What i must do, that Knoppix can use this card under KDE. Momently Knoppix
> stop with error that don?t  know this graphiccard. can somebody help me ?

Try booting in framebuffer mode with
fb1024x768
as mentioned in the F2 help. You could also try
knoppix xmodule=s3virge
or
knoppix xmodule=s3
if your card does not support framebuffer mode (if you get a penguin in
the left upper corner when Knoppix boots in textmode, your graphics card
DOES support linear framebuffer mode).